Working Student / Intern: Frontend Development
7Mind was founded in 2014 to bring meditation and mindfulness into our modern world. With 800.000 downloads to date 7Mind has already become Germany’s most popular online meditation training (available for iOS, Android or via web app) and is still growing.
Our goal is to help people pay as much attention to their mental wellbeing as they do to their physical health. In cooperation with seasoned meditation trainers as well as health-care experts we strive to develop high-quality trainings that provide the easiest access possible to meditation and mindfulness.
We are a young and highly-motivated startup team based in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg. As part of our team you would help us developing and maintaining our next generation web app.
- Plan and implement our new web app starting from scratch
- Provide technical support for our customers
- Maintain test coverage
- Strengthen scalability, reliability and performance
- Maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Preferably studying computer science or related topic
- 3+ years experience in the field of web development
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, SASS and a CSS framework of choice
- Understanding of functional programming (we will use elm)
- Experience in end-to-end Testing
- Comfortable working with Unix command line tools and version-control tools like GIT
- Ability to prioritize tasks and spec out requirements for implementation
- You are fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- A published website showing your skills
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Practical knowledge of continuous integration (we use wercker)
- Experience with agile project management (we use Jira)
What We Offer:
- Bright and shiny startup offices in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg
- Lifetime access to 7Mind+
- Interesting and diverse challenges in a small, highly motivated team
- Benefits, such as snacks, fruit, beverages and team events
- An introduction into Berlin’s vibrant startup scene
- Last but not least: A job that makes a difference
We are looking forward to meeting you!