Working Student / Intern: Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir Development
7Mind was founded in 2014 to bring meditation and mindfulness into our modern world. With over 500.000 downloads to date 7Mind has already become Germany's most popular online meditation training (available for iOS, Android or via web app) and is still growing.
Our goal is to help people pay as much attention to their mental wellbeing as they do to their physical health. In cooperation with seasoned meditation trainers as well as health-care experts we strive to develop high-quality trainings that provide the easiest access possible to meditation and mindfulness.
We are a young and highly-motivated startup team based in Berlin Kreuzberg. As part of our team you would be responsible for developing and maintaining our next generation micro service powered backend with Ruby on Rails and Elixir.
- Help to split up our existing Ruby on Rails monolith application into a fully asynchronous micro service architecture powered by RabbitMQ and Elixir
- Implement new features in our administration interface with Ruby on Rails and Elixir
- Implement tracking and monitoring related features
- Analyze and improve the speed and stability of our backend
- Provide technical support for our customers
- Preferably student in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and/or Elixir and asynchronous web architecture
- Experience in Software Test Design (BDD)
- Comfortable working with Unix command line tools and version-control tools like GIT
- Ability to prioritize tasks and spec out requirements for implementation
Nice to Have:
- Comfortable with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS (S3/CloudFront/CloudWatch)
- Knowledge of or willing to learn Elixir
What We Offer:
- A paid internship or working student contract, starting as soon as possible
- Bright and shiny startup offices in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Free ticket for public transportation (BVG), as long as you are working with us, as well as lifetime access to 7Mind+
- Interesting and diverse challenges in a small, highly motivated team
- Benefits, such as snacks, fruit, beverages and team events
- An introduction into Berlin's vibrant startup scene
- Last but not least: A job that makes a difference
We are looking forward to meeting you!